Nobody wants to deal with bed bugs. These pesky pests can cause a lot of hassle and discomfort, not to mention the risk of possible health issues associated with them. Fortunately, preventing bed bugs from entering your home is simpler than you might think. With the right knowledge and preventive measures in place, you can keep your home free of these unwanted guests. To help you get started on this mission, we’ve put together an ultimate checklist for protecting your home from bed bugs.
Read on to learn more about what steps you should take and how to implement them!
How to Prevent Bed Bugs
1. Inspect any items you bring into your home. Any used furniture, clothing, or other items that come from outside can potentially harbor bed bugs. Before bringing these items into your home, carefully inspect them for signs of bed bugs such as skins and droppings. If you spot anything suspicious, don’t risk it – dispose of the item right away.
2. Clean and vacuum regularly. Vacuuming is an essential part of keeping your home free from bed bugs since these pests tend to hide in areas like carpets and upholstered furniture. To make sure you get rid of any potential hiding places for bed bugs, clean often and thoroughly vacuum all carpets and furniture around the house on a regular basis.
3. Keep an eye on your bedding. Making sure to change your bed sheets on a weekly basis can help keep bed bugs away since they like to hide in the crevices of mattresses and other soft surfaces. Wash your sheets at a high temperature – this way, you’ll kill any existing bed bugs as well as their eggs before they have a chance to hatch.
4. Put measures in place for visitors. If you’re expecting visitors, make sure to let them know about the importance of checking for bed bugs before entering your home. You should also provide them with clear instructions on how to check for these pests and request that they do so before bringing any items into the house.
5. Seal any cracks and crevices. Since bed bugs are tiny, they can easily find their way through small cracks in walls and other surfaces around your home. Take some time to inspect these areas and fill any gaps or holes that might allow bed bugs easy access into your house.
These are just a few tips to help you protect your home from bed bugs – for more information, check out our blog on how to get rid of bed bugs! With the right knowledge and preventive measures in place, you can keep your home free from these pests so that you can enjoy it in peace and comfort.
How to Get Rid of Bed Bugs Fast and Discreetly
A DIY bed bug heat treatment can be the quickest, most effective, and affordable way to eliminate bed bugs, as long as it is done correctly. Our bed bug heaters can eliminate the need for harmful chemicals when treating homes, apartments, and hotels. DIY heat treatments leave no odors, stains, or long waiting periods for chemicals to dry. Once cooled, the treated areas are safe for people and pets to return.
The science behind bed bug heat treatments is straightforward. This method raises the temperature of an affected area to a level that can kill bed bugs without any toxic contents. Bed bugs cannot survive in high temperatures, and when the entire room structure is heated, there is no place for them to hide. As a result, the bed bugs will die within minutes of being exposed to the heated area.
Are you ready to talk with a friendly bed bug heater rental specialist about getting rid of your unwanted infestation? Contact Bed Bugs Gone By U at 317-665-8229 to get rid of bed bugs discreetly with an innovative bed bug heater rental. These heaters can be used at home or in the office! You can also make complete your entire order directly from our website!